Monday, December 1, 2008

Things that I've been remiss in discussing here

1. My daughter's report card. 4 is proficient at grade level (which is where you want them at the end of the year) and 3 is basic approaches grade level standards). She got 4's on all academics except for one of the phonemic awareness ones (I.D rhyming words...she said that run and red rhymed---the teacher said that 90% of the kids missed that one because they are focused on the first letter) and "Follows one-and two-step oral directions" (due to her lack of focus because SHE'S talking). She got a mix of 3's and 4's for Work and Study Skills. A couple 3- for "follows school and classroom rules" (not raising her hand to speak) and "demonstrates verbal self-control" (yeah - that one is pretty self explanatory LOL). The commentary was all glowing. Her teacher says she "LOVES her Morgan" and that she puts a smile on her face every day. She said that even the tough stuff - her talking - was just a result of having such a happy child. She's so happy that she just wants to tell everyone about her life. She said she's a true joy to have and that she "came there wanting to learn" and how that's so great because not all kids are like that and it's tough to pull them into a desire to learn. She said I didn't have anything to worry about with Morgan.

In true Morgan fashion, she wanted to go LINE BY LINE through her report card. I tried really hard to be upbeat and positive, but to also give her something to strive towards. I just don't want to be the parent who's all "What's this A- all about!!??". We told her we were very proud of her report card and that if she improves, especially in the areas of the 3-s that she got, she'll get a good surprise after her next report card. So, we'll see how that works out!

2. Bennett is now consistantly putting together more than one word. "Big Bird Bed" and "Love You Momma". Now if we can get him to listen to more than one word. ;-)

3. Thanksgiving festivities. Morgan and her class kicked off the holiday on November 21st with the Turkey Tango and the Thanksgiving Feast. Unfortunately, the night before was when I went with my friend Kristin to the midnight showing of Twilight and Kaitlyn and Morgan had their own midnight showing. Poor girl was sooo tired during her party. Here are a couple pics from school.


After that, we had a full week of no school ahead of us and we hung out and made the best of it. On Monday we just hung out at home while I cleaned. We headed to Superfranks on Tuesday with some friends. On Wednesday, Bennett's playgroup headed to the library for percussion time. It was fun, but a little long for the toddlers. After the library, Morgan went home with Chenoa for a playdate, which gave me the perfect opportunity to get things going for our Thanksgiving feast. I made the cranberry salad, two pumpkin pies, and cornbread muffins. On Thanksgiving day, we woke up and made a big breakfast of Pumpkin Waffles with homemade Apple Cider Syrup. Yumm! While the kids were napping, Lance fried up the turkey and I cooked the sweet potatoes, jiblet gravy, and green beans. We ate around 5 and we had so much food, I brought a couple of plates over to our elderly next door neighbors. It was a quiet, relaxed Thanksgiving and I loved it!



Black Friday was awesome! I met some friends at Kohl's at 4am and we shopped there until 5:30 when they headed to Target and I headed to Toys R Us. I stood in line for AN HOUR AND A HALF for one particular thing at TRU!! I hope it was worth it! After that, we went and got some breakfast before going for round 2 at the mall. I hit the jackpot in children's clothing at Macy's and then we hit a few other stores at the mall before finally heading home around 1pm! That's a long time to shop! Luckily, I came home just in time for nap! I took a good long nap and then before I knew it, Lance was leaving for a night out with his geocaching buddies and I had my friend Kristin and her daughter Kaitlyn over for a girls' night in. We all ate popcorn and the girls watched movies while Kristin and I chatted. It was fun!

4. Christmas is coming!! Yippee!! I'll leave that for a whole other post unto itself. :)

5. Our latest addition to our toy stash. Hello slide! I think the video speaks for itself!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Miles loves the slide at the mall. We have requested one for x-mas for him too. It must run in the family! :)