Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The words you don't want to hear your child's teacher say

"Oh, I meant to tell you yesterday what Morgan said in class. It's great! I just love five year olds!"

The class is asking each child to earn a dollar to buy socks for the needy. They were discussing what they could do around the house to earn a dollar. Morgan's idea? "I am going to get rid of ALL the bugs we have in our house. They are ALWAYS in my bathtub". Honestly, I don't think we have *that* severe of a bug problem, but apparently it bothers her! Stupid spiders!

Then, again today, I learn that they were discussing LOTS of things at circle time today. Boo boos was one topic since one little boy had cut his hand. Morgan proceeded to describe IN DETAIL to everyone about a cut she got on her UPPER INNER THIGH from a life jacket strap that was too tight. Her teacher was practically rolling on the floor in tears as she described the situation to me.

I guess it's time to have the talk about things that ARE appropriate to talk about at school versus things that ARE NOT.

1 comment:

Lara said...

So funny! This makes me wonder what Chenoa is talking about at school.. EEk!