Sunday, November 9, 2008

He's done it again

On a few, very rare occasions, my husband has actually managed to surprise me. There was the time that I was surprised to be taken on a hot air balloon ride, complete with champagne brunch, for my birthday. There was a surprise party at Dave & Busters. And then there was last night, when I came home from a day of leisure to a house full of friends. Surprise! As I realized what was going on, I started to deconstruct the past few weeks and a few things fell into place. :)

Lance had told me to not plan anything that day. So, when my friend Kristin emailed me to ask if I wanted to go see a movie, I told her that I couldn't plan anything for that day. Well, I guess she had to let Lance know to narrow down the time he wanted me home, so he told me to "take the day off from the kids" and to be home by 5:30. I didn't really realize that he really NEEDED me gone from the house since he left it so open and was so vague about everything. Then there was the complication with Kristin - she ended up in the hospital on Thursday night. So, Lance panicked and asked her if he should get someone else to "keep me busy". LOL She insisted on keeping the plans, so she emailed me again to see if I was up for anything. I told her I was, since I now knew that I had the whole day to myself, but was concerned with how she would be feeling. She insisted that she needed to get out of the house. So, at soccer yesterday morning, we made plans to meet for a movie after I got done at the gym. After the movie, she was all "where to now?" LOL


I should have caught on then. Or maybe a week or so ago at the Halloween party at school when my friend's husband asked about my upcoming birthday. And he totally SHOULDN'T HAVE KNOWN about my birthday. But, with Lance being so vague, I really didn't think he had anything like this up his sleeve. :)

I have to admit it was a little chaotic with 16 adults and 11 kids in the house, but it was a fun memorable birthday! Lance even cleaned up the kitchen afterwards. I will admit that afterwards, there are things that I'm wishing he would have thought of. Like putting away the dish drying rack. Or vacuuming the living room. But, I'm very glad that I mopped Friday night! Now, if I can only get him to vacuum and mop AFTER the party. :)


1 comment:

Lara said...

We had fun at your birthday party:) Lance did a great job. I thought for sure you would find out. I tried to lay low and not say to much about your birthday. Glad it turned out as planned!
That was really sweet of Lance to throw the party. He has done a suprise hot air balloon ride also. Go Lance I am impressed! Guess he is full of suprises!!