Sunday, May 24, 2009

Soft baby skin and sweet baby sounds

The newest member of the Sand Crabs playgroup has super soft skin and makes the sweetest baby sounds. I got to meet him today and got my fill of that smell and the way it feels to hold a newborn. Ahhhh. So sweet!

I'm still in the process of dealing with Bennett being our last baby, so I was more than happy to handle a diaper change and feeding this new little guy while I was there. It was great to see Melissa, who looks WONDERFUL. It was great to share the experience of having a newborn son with another friend. Talking about second sibling stuff and basically, just having one more thing in common. I didn't cry much, just one time when we were talking about how very much Melissa wanted to have this little guy. And here he is. It's just amazing. Babies are truly miracles and blessings. Each and every one of them.

1 comment:

melissa said...

I'm so grateful you've been there through the whole experience, from trying to get pregnant to diaper change! :-)