Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Thinking of my friend Robyn

I had been warned about how mischievous and active little boys can be almost the very instant the ultrasound technician pointed out Bennett's little boy parts on the day we found out we were to have a son. I've experienced some of that, particularly the active part throughout Bennett's short little life thus far. Even in my womb, he was constantly kicking me. Now, it's while he's riding in the shopping cart and he's hitting my womb from the outside. I've seen some mischief from him from time to time. It started early with him crawling over to the TV, pulling himself up and pressing all the buttons. Or pulling CD's out of the CD rack or books off of the bookshelf. It seems as if while he's growing, he's also inventing new and unique ways to cause problems. What a talent! :)

Today, I was really thinking about my friend Robyn from high school. She has THREE little boys. Now, they are all as cute as can be, which is a good thing since she has THREE of them! :) I just can't imagine how she does it, though! I mean seriously, one is enough for me! Here are the things JUST TODAY that my son has gotten into.

First thing this morning, he ran straight out of the garage door and into the street. Yes, seriously. Luckily there were no cars whizzing by, but my heart just about leapt out of my chest!

Next up was a glass lamp in his room. I was in the kitchen preparing lunches to take to the park and suddenly I hear this CRASH!! I run in to see he has wedged himself behind a small bookshelf/table that is next to the rocking chair in his room. The glass lamp sitting on the table was the only casualty, thank goodness!

We had a great time at playgroup and then came home and had naps. After naptime, I let the kids play in the yard. When I had to go in to cook dinner, he proceeded to dig up one of the pavers from our back patio.

He was continuously taking his shoes off while outside, so I made him come inside and he threw a complete fit, so I asked him to go into his room to calm himself down. BIG MISTAKE. I came back a few minutes later to find him trying to cram a whole box worth of baby wipes into the diaper pail. Why, you might ask? Well, because he had apparently gotten a hold of the baby lotion and gotten it all over him and then tried to clean it up with a baby wipe or 500.

At this point, I called it a day, strapped him into his high chair and finished cooking dinner to the sounds of him screaming his lungs out. What a rough day.

And I only have one!

Lots of props going out to moms of boys. Especially more than one!! :)

No comments: