Friday, May 15, 2009

Trains

I'm not sure what the fascination with trains is all about. Not sure if it's a boy thing or just a this kid versus that kid thing. Morgan was never as into them as Bennett is. I mean, this boy if he even THINKS about a train, he starts choo-choo'ing and runs to get his Thomas toys out. So, imagine my delight when my MOPS group announced a kids outing to ride a REAL. LIVE. TRAIN. Oh, my goodness. The glee could hardly be contained, because this was a big first for Bennett and I just couldn't wait to see him experience it.

This morning, when I reminded him that we were going on the train ride today, he ran to get his Thomas toys and started playing with them immediately. He wanted to bring them with him, so we packed them away in his backpack to share with his friends. Rosie for Clare, Arthur for Kylee and some other train for Bennett (can't remember his name, again - not sure about the big deal about trains, so cut me some slack!). We packed up snacks and headed to Sunol to ride the Niles Canyon Railway.

Now, being the boy that he is, if asked, he will tell you that his favorite part was eating yogurt on the train. Because isn't that the holy grail??

Nevertheless - a great time was had by all and here are some pictures to prove it! :)





No comments: