Wednesday, May 21, 2008

It was a good day

A good day isn't really that exciting around here. A good day consists of us getting where we are going on time, without too much hassle, repeating myself, and drama. A good day is when I don't have to send anyone to their room, the kids play nicely together and the toys get cleaned up without nagging. Today was a good one.

I got Morgan to school right on time, with enough time for me to bring Bennett back home and get him down for a nap before playgroup. I was able to shower without peaking out the shower doors at the video monitor. I was able to shave. And apply lotion. And fully dry my hair. I got Bennett up from his nap and off we went to playgroup - exactly on time.

Bennett had a great time playing in the new area of a local kids' playcenter. They had all kinds of toys for kids his age, and a little "city" with houses with kitchens, pots and pans, and most importantly lots of HINGED DOORS! (My son has a fascination with these). He could climb up on the play equipment without me being too scared of him getting hurt. We finished up with a snack and left (on time, nonetheless) to go pick Morgan up from preschool.

Morgan is wrapping up lunch when we get there, so we don't have to wait forever for her to put her stuff back in her lunchbox, clear her things, put her chair away, etc. like we normally do. We head home and Morgan catches a TiVo'd episode of The Backyardigans while Bennett and I eat lunch. Bennett is getting loopy by the time I'm done eating my lunch and he's quite ripe. The one dark spot today was the nas-tay blow out Bennett had. It was bath-worthy, that's how bad it was. So, I bathe Bennett and put him down for his nap and then read Morgan another chapter of Ramona and her Father before her nap.

While the kids were napping, I'm able to organize the master closet shelves, dust the master bedroom, do two loads of laundry, and download/upload pictures. When the kids wake up, we head to the grocery store and have a tantrum-free shopping trip. Complete with promised cookie at the end. We got home, I unloaded the groceries and put them away and then the kids and I headed outside. I cut the lawns while they played and then it was time to go in and cook dinner.

I tried a new dish for dinner; fish tacos. They were a BIG hit! Both kids ate them, and the hubby and I enjoyed them as well. After dinner, I cleaned up the kitchen while Lance put Bennett to bed and then after Morgan cleaned up all the toys she had gotten out, I went and read her the last chapter of her Ramona book. When I was done reading to her, she told me that she really loves me a lot because I take her to all the places she loves. We talked about that for a little bit. She told me that she was really glad that I quit my job because now I get to spend more time with her and we get to go fun places and I get to play with her. She told me that it was Daddy's turn to make all the money and that she was proud of him for getting money for us to buy food and stuff. Smiling to myself, I tucked my little girl into bed and told her how lucky I was to have such a wonderful daughter.

A good day, indeed.

No comments: