Saturday, May 31, 2008

A low key day

Bennett is still in his jammies. Morgan's hair hasn't been brushed. I haven't put makeup on. We're just hanging out, having a low key day.

Lance went white water rafting yesterday and I had a Sex And The City premiere cosmo party to go to. Lance wasn't home in time, so I had to institute Plan B, which was my sister-in-law coming over to bridge the gap between when I left and when he got home. When Lance called yesterday afternoon to let me know he was on his way home, he informed me that he had messed up his ankle. So, this morning as he was describing to me what happened, he told me about how he had his foot tucked into one of the stabilizing tubes of the raft and they tipped over and his foot was stuck. He told me he heard a "pop" right before his foot was freed and his ankle started swelling. Yeah. Gonna need to go have that looked at, hun. So, off he went to the emergency room for x-rays and all. Luckily, he just has a sprained ankle and only had to have a brace put on, as opposed to a cast, and he's gimping around with crutches.

Last night, I wasn't able to make it to my friends' house for drinks by the time I got out of the house. Luckily, though, I went straight to the theater and got into line for the movie we had tickets for. It was a mad house! It's been a long time since I've seen so much estrogen in one location! The theater employees, which were mostly 18-25 year old guys, were fascinated with this phenomenon and as we were leaving the theater after the show, the guys that worked there were actually counting the men in the audience. As we were walking out, I heard them yell, "Sir, you are number 9 man in this theater. Way to go!" It was pretty humorous. I haven't seen that number of women in one location since Lilith Fair. We all agreed that the movie was good and worth the time and effort.

After the movie, we headed over to a great spot for drinks and food. We ended up seriously closing the place down, staying an hour and a half after they closed. Oops! It's always good to have a girls' night out, though. Our waiter, a Mormon guy who is getting married in July, was very accommodating to us, and even brought us some chunks of chocolate he smuggled from the kitchen after we lamented their lack of something chocolaty on their menu.

I finally got home around 12:45am, and lucky for me, Bennett slept until 8:45 this morning! This is a good hour and 45 minutes later than normal. He must have known! Lance was up before me, but wasn't wanting to get Bennett on his bum ankle. So, I got up and did breakfast and then played with the kids until lunch time. I made them grilled cheese with tomatoes for Bennett and soup for Morgan. Then it was nap time Bennett is currently on a morning nap strike, which isn't too surprising since he woke up so late, so he went down first. Lance got home from the ER just before Morgan went down for her nap, so I fixed him lunch before I got her down for her nap.

I actually napped while the kids were napping, which is something I don't normally do. When I woke up, I went upstairs and cleaned out and organized some drawers and our medicines. Now it's time to cook dinner. I haven't even stepped foot outside today. Feels weird, but good. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am dying to see SATC. We we actually at Macaroni Grill last night at 6 for dinner and saw TONS of groups of women wandering around and eating. It was crazy! I'm glad you had a great time. It's amazing what a night out with the girls can do for you!