Friday, May 23, 2008

No naps

For some reason, I've gotten into the habit of staying up WAAYY too late. I always know I'm doomed when Conan is on when I go to bed. That's at least 12:30 am here. And it's not like I don't know that Bennett gets up every morning at 7am, like clockwork. It seems like I'm needing more and more time to unwind each night. Surely that's a sign of something, right?

I'm sitting here on the couch for the first time today. It's 4:15. I've been on my feet all day. It started, as it always does:

7am: Get up and get dressed, feed the fish, get Bennett up and dressed (I normally also make my bed during this time, but today was the day to change the sheets)
7:15am: Breakfast for the kids and myself, check email, feed the dog and let her out, and clean up after breakfast
7:45: Impromptu dance party in the living room with the kids
8:10: Get Morgan ready for preschool (she dresses herself, makes her bed and brushes her teeth, but I have to prod her along, do her hair and apply sunscreen) and then gather her lunch together
8:30: Leave for preschool - we walk this morning (a little over a mile)
8:55: Drop Morgan off at preschool and walk home
9:10: Change Bennett's diaper and put him down for a nap
9:15: Listen while Bennett babbles, waiting for him to go to sleep while also cleaning the microwave and dishwasher, changing the sheets on my bed, starting a load of laundry and checking email.
10:15: Once I'm sure Bennett is asleep, get on treadmill and run two miles and walk another mile and then stretch afterwards.
11:00: Sweep porch and courtyard, prune roses, pull weeds in front yard and cut back grape vine
11:55: Bennett is up and it's time for lunch. Lunch for both of us and then cleanup.
12:25: Drive to pick Morgan up from preschool.
12:45: Back home and play with the kids/discipline Morgan for being mean to Bennett.
1:00: Take advantage of kids playing nicely and sweep and mop the hardwood floors in their rooms.
1:25: Read to Bennett and put him down for a nap
1:30: Pick up toys in living room with Morgan
1: 35: Read to Morgan and put her down for a nap
1:45: Go into Bennett's room and lay him down and tell him it's time to sleep (he was a REAL stinker this afternoon
1:50: Wipe down walls in laundry/utility area
2:10: Tidy up kitchen counters
2:20: Go back into Bennett's room and lay him down and tell him it's time to sleep
2:25: Get on phone and deal with leftover hospital bill from Bennett's birth (it's been in dispute for OVER A YEAR NOW)
2:45: Sweep bathroom floors
3:00: Take shower, get dressed, do makeup
3:30: Notice Bennett WALKING LAPS in his crib instead of sleeping. Go back into Bennett's room and lay him down and tell him it's time to sleep. Grab camera to film his craziness on the video monitor (of course, this time he actually went to sleep).
3:35: Put ham in oven for dinner tonight, consider options for side dishes
3:45: Fold load of laundry
4:00: Dry hair
4:15: Sit down to relax for THE FIRST TIME TODAY to write this.

No wonder I'm so tired! Maybe it has nothing to do with staying up so late! Note to self: Make more time for naps in the middle of the day. :)

No comments: