Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My very own personal trainer

Who needs to pay exorbinate amounts of money to a personal trainer? My four year old will do.

This morning, after I put Bennett down for his morning nap and set Morgan up with an episode of The Backyardigans, I went out into the garage and hopped on the treadmill to squeeze in a run before Bennett woke up. I walked a 15 minute mile pace for a quarter mile before breaking into a 10 minute mile pace run for 2.75 miles. I upped the speed to an 8 minute mile pace for another quarter mile. I then changed the pace back to my 15 minute mile walking pace, intending to walk another .75 mile to wrap up my distance at a nice round 4 miles, total. During my run, Morgan came out into the garage, grabbed a snack and sat on a stool next to the treadmill. When I went back to walking after the run, she looked at me and said, "Why did you stop running?". I told her that I had already run 3 miles.

"Well, you know you can run four!"

No comments: