Monday, May 19, 2008

They come here different

I am continuously amazed at how different Morgan and Bennett are. I know that every kid is their own, but the differences are just astounding, really. Take today, for example. Today, I had to take Bennett BACK to have his one year portraits taken again. The first time we went, he was not having it. Today wasn't too much better. In fact, we sat for one sitting and when going through the pictures, I was really, really having a hard time finding one picture that I really liked. I mean, they were all cute (he's a cute kid, after all), but he wasn't smiling in ANY of them and he wasn't looking at the camera in most of them. He's just All. Over. The. Place. That makes taking pictures difficult these days! I was struggling so much that the wonderful lady who was working there asked me if I'd like to try again. I hemmed and hawed, because who knows if he would do better for the THIRD try. But, we did try again and she managed to get some good ones of him smiling and all. THREE times! Unbelievable. Now, let's contrast this to Morgan's one year pictures. It literally took five minutes. We put her down, she stood there and looked directly into the camera, smiling a HUGE smile. Bam. Done.

I'm still exhausted from this morning's events. Bennett recovered nicely and was really hamming it up this afternoon. I looked at him during lunch and put my fist up and made a funny face. He squished up his nose and threw his fist in the air back at me. It was so funny! Then, I asked him to give me knuckles and we tapped knuckles. This just cracked him up! He was laughing so hard. Then he started banging his own knuckles together. Oh, and his new favorite thing is to tap me on the shoulder. Then he likes me to tap him on the shoulder and he just cracks up. Over and over. :)

Nothing beats a good baby belly laugh.

No comments: