Thursday, June 26, 2008

Brag brag brag

I need to do this, because on those days when the kids are whining incessantly, I need to remember that they have it in them to be angelic little creatures. Up and out the door at 4:40 this morning, first flight landing in Atlanta at 7:35, two hour layover, and then a crazy long five hour flight. And my kids? The ones that scream defiantly in my face when the wind blows the wrong way? They were nearly perfect. Sure, Bennett had to run a few laps up and down the aisle around the half-way mark, but the people he accidentally head-butted didn't mind. And maybe, just maybe, we let Morgan watch a couple of movies to keep her quiet. But you know what? It worked. We all slept some. I even got to sleep! And read my book! I got many comments after about what a lovely family I have and how good the kids were. *Proud Momma*

To make things even better, once we got home, both kids went down immediately for naps. Morgan didn't end up sleeping very much, but "rested" for a solid two hours and Bennett had to be woken up at 5pm! And once up, they are both extremely pleasant, very happy to be back home with their toys, as is evidenced by the stuff strewn out all over the living room floor.

The adults are unpacked. Kids are next, but I'm taking a moment to get caught up on So You Think You Can Dance (priorities, people, priorities!). Then I've got to switch it into high gear because Morgan's dance recital is Saturday and her birthday along with her birthday party is on Sunday!

No comments: