Monday, June 30, 2008

Super Girl, it's a little early

I am woken up this morning at 6:15am to the giggles and pattering feet of Morgan and her best friend, Vincent, who spent the night last night after the party. A little early, yes, but it's so funny to listen to them "being quiet". Once they have woken up Bennett also, it's time for me to get up. I come downstairs and see Super Girl and her "husband" playing house. The costume is totally of her own doing. They say that kids imitate. I will state for the record now that I do not walk around my house with a Super Girl costume on. Wonder Woman is so much cooler. There's also other costumes strewn about the playroom - Snow White, Belle, and other various princesses. I looked at Vincent and he was lacking a costume, so I guess I'm gonna have to add some boy stuff to the collection.

Once Bennett was up, he became their "baby" or "kid" in their house (which was the playroom). They kept going out and buying toys for him to play with and taking turns watching him. I loved hearing them communicate back and forth to each other who was responsible for watching him. Equal opportunity parenting. We must be teaching these kids something right! :) Bennett was loving this, being the center of attention. He was happiest last night when he was in the thick of it all with all the big kids running around and playing around him. I must have another social butterfly on my hands.

Nevertheless, it's 8am and I'm ready to get a normal day rolling. It's been so long!

No comments: