Monday, June 30, 2008

A letter from the heart, abs and quads

Dear Lisa,

I do realize that I've never actually *been* to a previous tone-sculpt-stretch class, but I also learned today that you don't normally teach this class, Katie does. Which leads me to the following thoughts:
  • What did I do to you? Better yet, what did my triceps do to you? Did they wave at you inappropriately? They have a mind all their own...
  • In general, when you are asking questions like "Is it burning?" or "How's everyone doing?" and you get no response, it really does speak for itself. WE CAN'T TALK AND DO THE CRAZY STUFF YOU ARE ASKING US TO DO!
  • Do you realize that I have stairs at home? And a 22+ pound baby to haul around? I kind of need my arms and legs. And the fact that they are already giving out on me in my post-workout "high" is really not a good sign of things to come.
  • Did you know that I walked into the class, a little timid but then quickly reassured when I saw the 80 year old woman that was bellied up to the free weights, picking her 5 pound weights? Did you also know that when I was huffing and puffing and giving my legs a rest, she kept going? Karma's a bitch.
I do not know how I will feel tomorrow, heck, I don't know how I'm going to be feeling tonight. But I do believe that I'll be trying a different class. Core fitness through dance sounds good. Unless you are the instructor. And then all bets are off!

Your thought-I-was-in-good-shape student,
Paige

I picked up the kids after my class and we swam for a little over an hour. Bennett had more fun in the toddler pool than I've ever seen him have. He was even trying to RUN into the 2 foot deep section and (insert panic attack), fell head-first into the water. I'm so glad I was being the overly-paranoid parent, shadowing his every move. He didn't even cry when I grabbed him up from the water. Boys!

No comments: