Monday, June 9, 2008

Return to life

I'm so glad to have my children back from the depths of sleep deprivation. Today was a fairly battle-free day and I'm thanking all the sleep for it. The kids were downright pleasant!

Evidence that Bennett was in desperate need of sleep:

~ 3 hour nap yesterday.
~ Slept from 8pm-9am this morning.
~ Fell asleep during our walk at 11am.
~ 2 hour nap this afternoon.
~ In bed without any fussing at 7:30 tonight.

Today was pretty low key. Morgan is going to Vacation Bible School with my Mom and her cousin all week, so I was up at 7:45 this morning to help get her out the door. Once they left, I got to work hooking my Mom up with a home/time management plan and doing some stuff around her house. I feel so useless unless I'm doing something around the house. Yeah, I know it's vacation, but I'll relax when we get down to the Keys. Bennett woke up at 9 and had breakfast and then after I let him play for a little bit, we headed out for a walk. Dude - it's HOT here. I mean hot and HUMID. I don't miss that at all. So, after about 3 miles, we were back home and Bennett was asleep. I put him down in his crib for about 20-30 minutes until he started babbling (and had a nasty diaper). He got up and played a bit while I prepared lunches for everyone. I had grilled cheese sandwiches ready for the girls when they got home from VBS.

After lunch, it was nap time and while the kids napped for 2 hours, my Mom and I worked on organizing her filing system. After the kids got up, we went outside and bounced balls and blew bubbles until it was too hot to stand any more and then we came back inside and played a bit more before dinner.

Dinner, baths and bed and then I hung out with my parents. My Dad is helping me on my quest for the best auto GPS unit. Lance and I have discussed this as our anniversary gift to each other. I really want one. I hate always having to print out directions. What a waste of paper. Speaking of anniversaries, I'm missing my husband. I'll be glad to see him on Sunday. :)

No comments: