Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Bennett's new word

With an ever increasing vocabulary, it's not at all surprising that my little talker picks up on just about anything we say these days. So, I'm not sure why I was caught off guard when he blurted out at the dinner table tonight, "Diarrhea. Momma me have diarrhea?" With perfect pronunciation, mind you -- which is hilarious when you consider that he can't pronounce SOCK or SHOE properly. With a quick chuckle to myself, I say, "Yes, yes. You have diarrhea". Then he says, "Momma. You tell Kristin me have diarrhea?". I recall the earlier conversation where I was lamenting the woes of waking a sleeping toddler in just enough time to go pick up Morgan from Daisies to discover diarrhea EVERYWHERE. Good times. "Yes, I told Kristin you had diarrhea."

Interesting.

But even more interesting? Later, when I'm putting him to bed and I'm swaying back and forth with him, rubbing his back and kissing his forehead. I tell him that I hope he gets a good night's sleep and wakes up in the morning feeling good. No more diarrhea.

Bennett: "NO!!!"
Me: "What?"
Bennett: "Me want diarrhea"
Me (laughing): "No, trust me you don't. Every time today that you didn't want me to change your diaper was because you have diarrhea. It's making your poor bottom raw."
Bennett: : " NO! Me WANT IT!! Me want it on me. Me want diarrhea on me"

Okay then. So be it.

No comments: