Monday, February 2, 2009

He comes from a long line of sibling manipulators

Lance had an observation the other day, that I think is spot on. You see, we've been having a problem with Bennett screaming. Especially when he and Morgan are playing together. Lance noted that he thinks that Bennett screams now to get Morgan in trouble. Hmmm, let's think about this.

Before, when they first started really playing together, whenever he screamed, it was always because she had taken something from him, tried to pick him up, or done something generally unacceptable. So naturally, when I'm in the kitchen cooking dinner and I hear some screaming, who do I call out to (that's a nice way to say "scream at")? Morgan, of course. So, time after time of him screaming and Morgan' being disciplined, and he's figured out how to manipulate things to get what he wants.

Want that toy cat she's playing with? Scream. What's likely to happen? Mom's going to reprimand Morgan for taking away his cat. Pretty smart little sucker, isn't he? Only, I'm on to his game. I used to do this stuff to my brother All. The. Time. In fact, there was an infamous tape that we had made of ourselves playing. During the tape, you can hear my brother pounding on me and me screaming "my earring, my earring!!". You hear a short pause and then "You're not even wearing any earrings!!" Haha!

You can't play a player.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Finally, a confession!