Sunday, February 8, 2009

Dread

I'm still recovering from the lack of food and the horror that shook through my body yesterday and at the same time, trying to mentally prepare for Lance's first day of his new job. What will tomorrow bring? The past two weeks have been absolutely amazing. At first, I wanted to plan a getaway with the kids, but we were just too busy and sick and it just didn't work out. But I think that was for the best, because we all got a little break and got to hang out together at home during these two weeks that he's been off. He got a chance to really be there for those little daily things that you miss out on when you're at work. The kids got so used to him being there, they practically spat on me when I tried to do something for them. They are going to be heartbroken when Daddy has to go back to work. I'm not even going to mention how much easier it was, logistically, to have another set of hands. Not having to wrangle Bennett and school drop off and pick up. Having someone to watch him while we did Daisies and homework. Then, there's the boy. Bennett has been particularly nasty lately. Not sleeping. Sick and cranky. Pair this with his disappointment with it being ME tomorrow, and I'm sure to be in for a doozy of a day. Mostly, though, I'm going to miss having him around. We'll go back to the rushed kisses and goodbyes in the morning and the frantic evening routine of dinner, baths and bed.

It's nice to spend that much time with your spouse and realize again why you married them. My husband is the bomb. Cooking, straightening, shopping, hanging with the kids, taking care of me. He does it all. I'm such a lucky woman!

No comments: