Sunday, February 8, 2009

Locked away

I had a suspicion on Friday that I might be coming down with a stomach bug that's plagued quite a few of my friends and their kids recently. My stomach just wasn't feeling right and it was confirmed when I woke up Saturday morning. Given that Lance has a new job to start on Monday, I opted to lock myself away upstairs and ride this thing out on my own. There was very little interaction with the family, only a few trips upstairs by my loving husband to make sure I was okay and to see if I needed anything.

Morgan, being my nurturing soul, was very concerned about me and asked what she could do to make me feel better. I told her that I needed her to be good for her Daddy since he already had his hands full with a non-sleeping-sick-and-cranky-not-quite-yet-two-but-could-have-fooled-me little boy. She promised to be good.

I turned the TV on E! and left it there all day to catch all the True Hollywood Stories, as well as Soup and other random "trash" TV that I never indulge in. Once, right before nap time, the kids came up to give me some cards they made. The one on the left is from Morgan -- it's a picture of our family and our friends, the Tabaks, going to the zoo. The one on the right is from Bennett. It's an abstract piece representing the frustration over being misunderstood and the anger from not getting his way. :)

















As much as it was nice to get some alone time, I missed my kids and let's face it, it's hard to enjoy alone time when you're curled up in a ball cursing your body.

No comments: