Tuesday, October 21, 2008

BOO it forward!

Last night, as we were preparing for my parents' departure, we noticed a little Halloween basket of goodies that had been left in our courtyard. We brought it up to our front porch and left it there for Morgan to find this morning.

She was so excited to find this bucket full of fun stuff for the kids. Two Cinderella pom poms, a Disney coloring book, some candy necklaces, glow in the dark stickers, pumpkin peeps, glow sticks and LOTS of candy all in this cute pumpkin bucket. Immediately, I wanted to know who had delivered it, so my mind went to work trying to figure out who it was.

According to the really cute poem that came in the basket, we have 24 hours to BOO two neighbors. We were to make two copies of the poem and two copies of the BOO sign to deliver with our treats. After dropping Morgan off at school, Bennett and I did the grocery shopping and then came back home to unload before heading to Target to find stuff to "Boo" our friends with. I had decided that I would have to Boo my friends Kristin and Andrea since I wasn't sure if either of them had BOO'd me, and I just wanted to anyway. Then, I decided I should pass it along in the neighborhood and pick two here. I picked Morgan's friend, Nolan, who lives part-time with his Dad across the street and the family down the street who has two older daughters and a son who is just a little older than Bennett. Yeah, I probably spent more money than I should have, but it's nice to do nice things for others. Here are two of the baskets I made for them.


The one on the left is for Nolan and the one on the right is for the family of three. I had so much fun making these baskets and Morgan had so much fun being super sneaky and delivering them to everyone's front porches after school. Unfortunately, we weren't sneaky enough because Kristin already called to see if we left something on her porch. To which I innocently replied, "I have no idea what you are talking about". :) She told me how she had wanted to do this to me, but didn't. So, I really have now I'm even more clueless as to who could have BOO'd us. There are so many different groups that this could have been from - the moms group, church, the charter school, MOPS, the neighborhood, the tennis club, etc. I really have NO IDEA! My husband can attest to the fact that it WILL drive me crazy until I figure out who it's from. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Several neighborhoods around here do that too. We actually modified the poem and did it at work at least two or three years. That was fun. I keep thinking about starting it in my neighborhood but I haven't... I really should though, it is fun.

The first year we did it at work I was new so no one suspected me. It was so funny hearing people guess who started it.