Friday, October 3, 2008

Random offerings

  • Morgan would like to be either a scientist, a bird trainer, or become a clown and join the circus when she grows up.
  • Bennett finally took a good nap today. You see, for the past two days, I've given myself permission to nap during the kids' nap time and for the past two days, just as I've laid down to close my eyes, he's woken up. Today, he took a nearly three hour nap and I was able to squeak out a little over an hour nap.
  • Which is good. Since we have girls night out tonight. We're going dancing! Weeee! I'm sooo looking forward to it. Mom, I promise no whiplash! ;)
  • Tomorrow is soccer and then not much else planned this weekend. Which is also good. See previous item regarding night out tonight. May need the weekend to recover. Because I'm old like that.
  • I was sore from my Tuesday workout, but was meeting my old boss at the gym yesterday to do the 10 laps around the track, 10 sets of stairs, 9 laps around the track, 9 sets of stairs, etc. It's good I was meeting him because if I hadn't been meeting him, I might have wussed out. And I didn't and I managed to get another good workout in this week. The scales are continuing to inch down, which makes me happy and makes these hard workouts worth it!
  • Remember the new chore chart? Remember the items Lance signed up for? Yeah. Still not done. Remember me sitting on my butt? Let's call it a week-long-exercise. It's been fun! :) I couldn't stand the kitchen floor any more last night and had to break down and mop. I just have some dusting to do to get caught up, but it was an interesting little experiment in laziness. ;)
  • Morgan is learning to read! Like real reading! It's very exciting! I put out seven new site word flash cards for she and Lance to work on last night while I was at bible study and when I got home, Lance informed me that she had earned six new rocks because she got six out of the seven words. She was sounding them out, even, as I was writing them. So proud of that girl.
  • I'm feeling good. Yeah. Just really good. :) Loving my kids, my husband, my family and friends. Life is good. :)

No comments: