Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Make new friends, but keep the old...

Tonight I attended a parents meeting for a new Daisy Girl Scout troop that is starting. Morgan's first meeting is next week and I'm so excited for her!

I remember doing Brownies and then Girl Scouts and the friends that I made. I remember going to camp and earning badges. Selling cookies and making crafts. If you were ever a girl scout, you know the song "Make New Friends" and you can sing the heck out of it in rounds. :) We had so much fun and I hope Morgan enjoys it as much as I did. I had a lot of those girls as friends in my life for a long, long time. I think my mom still keeps in touch with some of the parents of those girls! I've even reconnected with a few of them on Facebook recently.

Speaking of Facebook, when I got home from the meeting, I updated my status to "Paige just got home from a parent meeting for Girl Scouts!" and the following happens:

My former college roommate instant messages me to ask me if I've lost my mind. In fact, her exact comment was
"thank goodness...you need to take on some more responsibilities!!! Are you the leader?"Then my friend Tara comments something about me being a super mom. At this point, I felt it was necessary to clarify that I am NOT the leader. To which my friend Karen from my high school days comments "...just yet!". A few comments later, and it ends with my friend Melissa chiding me with, "It's just good to see you finally getting involved in something."

See how much crap I catch for NOT volunteering for something?? ;-)

1 comment:

aspohn said...

I certainly hope you know that I was kidding and glad to see you enjoying something with Morgan without stressing yourself out with extra duties. I think all that you do with your children is fantastic!