Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I should take my kids to the doctor's office every day

Why wouldn't I want to when I go and the doctor says things like, "Your children are so delightful to see" and "sometimes I feel like I should pay to see patients and today is a day like that"? Yes, he actually said those things. And it was us he was talking about.

Bennett is a good 6-12 months ahead of his age with his large and small motor skills, social skills, verbal skills, etc. I gave the doctor an example of when Bennett had taken an asparagus off his plate at dinner the other night and pretended like it was a snake - complete with the hissing sound. He let me know right away that this behavior is that of a three year old. The doctor suggested that Lance and I start studying up now for when he hits school. I guess we're going to have to keep up!

As for his physical development, he's tracking straight up the middle of the curve, always coming in at 50th percentile for height and weight. Poor baby got three shots today and was NOT a fan of the ones in his legs. He was, however, easily distracted with promises of stickers in the lobby.

Proud momma moment!

No comments: