Thursday, October 23, 2008

Busy Bee

I feel like I've been going non-stop since my parents left on Tuesday morning. After getting the BOO out on Tuesday, I spent Wednesday running around a bunch. I met my friend, Kristin, for coffee after dropping Morgan off at school. We drank coffee and chatted for a while and then I ran home to do a few chores before heading off to playgroup. By the way, it is cute that Bennett grabbed some baby wipes and started wiping up the toilet while I was cleaning the bathroom. It's NOT sanitary, however, and no matter how many times toddled in with a baby wipe in hand, I couldn't bring myself to allow him to wipe it down.

We went to playgroup, where we ate our lunch and then headed over to the school to pick Morgan up after her reading group was over. We went straight home, kids were put down to nap and then I spent the entire nap time catching up on all the things I DID NOT do while my parents were in town. I actually got a lot done, which is making me feel a little better. The pile of laundry alone is enough to make my chest get that tight feeling.

When the kids woke up, we ran over to the hardware supply store to get a huge bamboo pole for me to use to tie the scarecrow we made in the classroom last week to. Back home to cook a dinner that I had to, in turn, stuff down my throat in the span of five minutes because OMG! I'M LATE to decorate the classroom door for Trick A Dooring. I got there at 7:05 and we got to work. We finished up at 10:30. That includes the door and the scarecrow, thank goodness. And there were FOUR of us there! I had to come home and iron Morgan's shirt for today since it's BLUE day and also class picture day, so I had to pick something that was not only BLUE but also looks decent. And that sometimes requires an iron. I think I finally went to bed somewhere around 12:30 by the time everything was said and done.

This morning started early again, as I had to get up and showered and actually dressed (somewhat nicely!) for MOPS. I woke Bennett up just as we were ready to walk out the door to go pick up Colin. I walked the kids to class because I wanted to see their reactions to the door. The kids LOVED it! They loved the finishing touches we put on the scarecrow (which is made to look like their teacher) that included a Diet Coke in her pocket since that's what she likes to drink. :) After I soaked in all their cute faces and expressions, it was time to head home to feed Bennett and tidy up before heading to MOPS. I was able to get the downstairs dusted and vacuumed before we left, thankfully. MOPS was nice and relaxing and then before I knew it, it was time to pick Morgan up from school. We were bringing her friend Kaitlyn home with us, so I gathered all the kids and off we went to go home and have lunch.

I managed to impress upon the girls the need for them to be quiet during Bennett's nap time and they were absolute angels. They watched Cinderella and a little Mickey Mouse before it was time to go to playgroup. I was able to vacuum upstairs, fold laundry, and do a few other odds and ends while the girls were entranced with the one who wears a glass slipper. We were lucky to have Kaitlyn join us today and the girls had a fun time at the park. When we were leaving the park, I got a call from Kaitlyn's parents that they would be home a little later than expected, so we came home and I fed the kids and got ready to go to Bible study. The minute Lance walked in the door, it was time for me to go and I was dropping Kaitlyn off on my way there. I got home from bible study around 8:45. And now? I'm watching TV. Because I'm pretty sure that's the only thing I can do right now. I'm that tired. So I should probably be going to bed, right?

Tomorrow? Just as busy. Dressing Morgan as a scarecrow/farmer for school, Harvest Festival in the morning, working in Morgan's class, Trick A Dooring tomorrow night and then a moms outing to get chocolate fondue for dessert. At least there's that, right?

No comments: