Saturday, October 11, 2008

The sweetest kids

We spent a cold windy morning at soccer and then after lunch, Lance and Morgan took off to go to a geocaching event. She was very excited to spend time with Daddy. Bennett woke up from his nap around 3:30 and since then it's been just me and him. We've been playing and tickling and laughing and cuddling. We had dinner alone and then we did bath time and stories and then bed time. As I'm swaying with him in my arms, back and forth, before I'm about to put him down for bed, I whispered to him, as I do on many occasions, "Momma loves you". I could barely make it out over the music, but I heard him whisper back "Wuv Ooo". He says it to me all the time, but somehow hearing it whispered over his lullaby CD just made it so sweet. Then he kept saying it over and over again. Wuv Oooo. Wuv Oooo. Such a sweet boy I have.

Morgan and Lance just got home and the first thing out of her mouth was "I haven't seen you all day!", to which I responded that I was missing her. She said she was missing me too, and ran over to give me hugs and kisses.

Someone please remind me of my sweet kids when they are throwing themselves on the ground in a tantrum, or crossing their arms at me with attitude. Because at those times, I forget how sweet my kids really are.

1 comment:

Lara said...

Ahh... how precious!