Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Where have I been?

Yesterday it was the school to drop Morgan off, the tennis club, the grocery store, the school to pick Morgan up, home, dance class to drop Morgan off, home, dance class to pick Morgan up, home, and finally the movie theater (where I saw The Secret Life of Bees - GREAT movie!)

Today it was the school to drop Morgan off, Peet's, the school to help with the book fair, home, park for Bennett's playgroup, the school to pick Morgan up, home, Girl Scout meeting, picked up a toddler slide from a freecycler, and then finally home.

Yesterday when I was home, I did a good job of not sitting down and getting a lot done. Today, not so much. Although, I will brag on myself for a moment that even though I am flying solo tonight, since Lance left at 5pm for a geocaching event, I STILL cooked a full dinner. Yes, I had to talk myself back into it several times, but I managed to squeak out BBQ meatloaf, risotto and green beans for just the kids and I. And got them to bed on time. With homework and reading done. I even cleaned the kitchen.

The truth is, that what I should be doing with this time alone is catching up on ironing, sweeping and mopping floors, and filling out my absentee ballot. But, instead I'm sucked into Facebook and blogging and the mindless things I have been missing out on since I've been having to share a laptop with Lance. My power cord better be here tomorrow!!

Tomorrow is a relatively mild day, compared to the rest of the week. I'm meeting a friend at the gym for the track and stairs combo and then I plan to catch up on whatever I don't do tonight before picking Morgan up from school. After naps, we're heading to the park for playgroup, then we'll come home for dinner and then I'm off to bible study. Sometime, I need to actually carve my pumpkin. I like doing it, but I don't want to do it by myself! I think it's something that should be shared with someone you love over a nice glass of wine.

Now that I look at tomorrow, I think I should just go to bed. :)

No comments: