Friday, October 10, 2008

TGIF

We had a pretty good morning, getting out of the house on time and picking up Morgan's friend Colin for school while dropping Bennett off so I could work in the class. I figured out how to keep Morgan and Colin from getting too wound up in the car on the way to school. We play a game that I made up with Morgan a couple of years ago, called the animal game. Basically, we take turns thinking of an animal and then the other people ask questions and try to guess what the animal is. It's normally a fun game, but I have to admit that now that it's part of the morning ritual when we bring Colin to school, I'm officially DONE with the animal game. I'm tired of brown and black animals with fur who live in the forest. I'm tired of naming all the animals that are on the tables in the classroom. I know kids live for routine, but it has a way of grating on my nerves. :)

We had a great time in the class today, all the kids have really come a long way even just from the month and a half that they've been in school. After school was out, I took Colin and Morgan to meet Colin's mom, his sister Natalie, and Bennett at the park. It was chilly out and the kids didn't want to sit and eat, but that's somewhat to be expected. Bennett was super happy and made me smile when he went and picked a flower and gave it to Natalie, whom he is totally enamored with.

We had to leave the park abruptly when Morgan had to go to the bathroom and there wasn't a bathroom at the park. We got home and Morgan went potty while I got Bennett washed up and diaper changed. And then he LOST it. I don't know what he lost it about, but he totally started screaming and didn't want to be held. He was doing the whole arms straight up so he slips out of my hands when I'm trying to pick him up. The whole time he's literally SCREAMING "MAMA!!!" I tried to redirect him with books or his blanket and nothing was calming him down. Finally, I had no other choice than to just walk out of his room and leave him in there. I came into the living room and asked Morgan to go get her book so we could read before nap time. Suddenly, Bennett walks out of his room, TOTALLY FINE. Not a tear shed. Face not red at all. TOTALLY FINE. ???? Whatever!

They are both down for naps now and after I finish getting stuff ready for tonight, I'm giving myself permission to skip any chores and just rest. We have the in and out board dinner for the moms club tonight. There's going to be a martini bar. We might be in trouble! :)

No comments: