Sunday, October 19, 2008

I'm a slacker!

I've been such a slacker since my parents have been here. I've done pretty much nothing around the house, and it sure does show it! Not to mention that I haven't been keeping up on my blog or email. We've been busy having fun, so I'll cut myself some slack.

Yesterday, we took Morgan to soccer and then afterwards headed to the zoo. We don't normally save time at the zoo for rides and what not, so we started with those this time. We even rode the train, which we hadn't done since Morgan was about 9 months old. She kept saying how COOL it was to ride the train. Bennett liked it also. When we were done with the rides, we had some lunch and then meandered down to the children's zoo. Before we knew it, it was nap time and time to go. Lance and my Dad took the kids home and my Mom and I broke free for an afternoon and evening to ourselves! We went to an outlet mall nearby and shopped until we dropped. Bennett has been living off of mostly handed down clothes, so it's nice to get him some new clothes. Now he won't have to wear his high waters anymore! Both kids got heavy winter coats and Morgan got some new sweaters. Cute stuff! And we got such good deals! They practically paid US to buy these clothes! We got sucked back into the Gymboree Outlet by the bins out front that were 9.99 or less! Got lots of cute stuff in size 6 for Morgan. Bennett was already done by the time we got there! :)

After shopping, we went to Outback Steakhouse for dinner and then walked over to the movie theater after dinner to see if there was anything coming on soon. Nights in Rodanthe was starting in 15 minutes, so we knew it was a good sign! We got our tickets and some coffee and headed in for the show. My Mom and I have an issue of choosing BAD movies to see together. I think the streak started when we went to see Duets in 2000, so the streak has been going strong for about eight years! The last movie we saw before Nights in Rodanthe was The Happening, which was HORRIBLE. We were really hopeful that this movie would break the streak and it succeeded! The movie was good! Now I want to go back and read the book by Nicholas Sparks.

My Mom and I didn't get home until after 9 last night, so the kids were already in bed. It was really nice to be able to get away and spend some time with just my mom. Not to mention the family time we spent at the zoo.

Here are a couple of my favorite pictures from the zoo.


1 comment:

Lara said...

Oh my gosh the picture of Lance is hilarious!! Looks like you have been having lot's of fun.