Monday, March 23, 2009

$5 for water and snacks

We had a kids' outing to Pump It Up today. This place is packed for of jumpy houses, inflatable slides and all kinds of fun stuff for kids to enjoy. Want to know what my son enjoyed the best?

1. Eating his snack. As soon as we walked in, a friend of mine's daughter had a bag of goldfish in her hands. That was it. I knew it when I saw it. No matter where we go, the first thing Bennett wants to do is eat. And if he sees someone else eating, even more so.


2. Self service water fountain. I actually thought I was taking a cute video of him trying to figure out this fountain, but apparently I got the on and off reversed. :) Anyway, every time he tried to drink it went like this.

push button
water flows
put mouth to water and let go of button, no water
back away in confusion

push button
water flows
put mouth to water and let go of button, no water
back away in confusion

Over and over until he figured it out with a little coaching. Oh, and a little soaking of the front of his shirt.



Eventually, I got him warmed up to the idea of actually exerting a little energy on the inflatable slide and in the bouncy house. He ended up having a ball and asking over and over again after we left, "Momma we go back sometime?"
















Yes, baby. Sometime. After you've been properly fed and watered on the way there. One of these days I learn.

No comments: