Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Culinary delight

I don't know what got into me today, but I decided to try a few new things in the kitchen.

For lunch, the kids and I made pita pizzas. Not only did they have so much fun putting their toppings on, but they also scarfed it right down, having made it themselves (or "me do it myself" as Bennett says). Do you like how Morgan made a circle with her bell peppers? :)
















For an after lunch treat, Morgan asked for applesauce and I spruced it up with some banana slices and strawberries.


For dinner, I made a new dish from Cooking Light, Skillet Chicken Breast Aglio e Olio. The dish was rather spicy, so the kids ate it in between sips of milk, but my hubby ate it up!

I love trying new things in the kitchen. It helps me keep it interesting and helps when I don't feel like cooking! :)

No comments: