Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sisterly love

This afternoon, while at Katilyn's 6th birthday party at Super Franks, Morgan and Bennett both hit it big at this one particular game in the arcade. Morgan got 167 tickets and Bennett had 348. When it came time to cash in the tickets, Bennett had his eye on a broomstick horse. The horse cost 500 tickets, so if he combined his tickets with Morgan's he could get it. When I presented Morgan with the idea, she wasn't interested, and instead picked out a frog, a snake, a lizard and a lollipop. I kept trying to convince Bennett to get anything else and he wasn't interested. He really only wanted the horse. I explained to him that we didn't have enough tickets and that since Morgan had gotten other items, we couldn't use hers. Morgan overheard this and immediately turned to me, and asked if she could return the stuff she had just gotten. I told her she didn't need to do that. I told her that they were her tickets and if that's what she wanted to get with them, then that was fine. She told me that no, she wanted to help Bennett get the horse. She asked the girl working at the ticket counter if she could return her stuff and use the tickets to help her brother buy the horse. The girl at the ticket counter said sure and was so impressed with her generosity that she offered to let her keep the lollipop. Bennett was so excited about he horse and I was so excited about my loving daughter. I'll try to remember this when she's yelling at him tomorrow about taking her puzzle pieces.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of Morgan. Please tell her for me!