Friday, March 27, 2009

Ready to make my escape

In the past week, I've dealt with issues with having the five and six year old girls sleeping in tents at Camporee, girl friend issues between Morgan and a friend of hers, a son who is increasingly precocious and constantly testing boundaries, my daughter getting a time out at school for pushing said friend of hers during recess, and catching my son grabbing hold of another little boy at MOPS to get him out of the way of the slide. On top of all the drama, I've been busy as ever this week, meetings on Monday and Wednesday, movie night on Tuesday and packing on Thursday. Not to mention the usual regimen of gym, shopping, chores, cooking (and extra at that!), playgroup, MOPS, helping in Morgan's class, etc. I'm just about worn out and I'm ready to make my escape.

This afternoon, I leave for a women's retreat at Mount Herman. The retreat is through my church and I'm very much looking forward to getting away and getting refueled. I'm going with one of my Melissa friends and we've been chatting back and forth about what movies to bring, snacks, activities, etc. I'm soooo looking forward to some girl time and while I know I'll miss my family sorely, I also know this is exactly what I need right now. Farewell!

No comments: