Wednesday, March 11, 2009

March is my new December

You know how December is like crazy busy with every weekend being filled with activities? Somehow, my March has turned out to be like that. I've been busy nearly every moment of it so far! So busy, in fact, that my normal every day errands are now being squeezed into any spare moment I have. Lance even went to the grocery store for me AFTER I got home from a moms club meeting last night, around 9:30.

Today, I was up and out and at Boswell's when they opened at 9am. I needed to get stuff there for Morgan's class' St. Patrick's Day party as well as stuff for Easter, and for Melissa's baby shower. I also wanted to hit Party City, but they didn't open until 9:30. I managed to get there shortly after they opened and got done with just enough time to get to playgroup on time. After playgroup, I had a little less than an hour to kill and needed to eat, so Bennett and I went to a nearby deli to eat some lunch before heading off to pick Morgan up from school.

Once we were home, the kids went down for naps and before I knew it, it was time for Morgan's play date with her friend Nolan (they went to preschool together and he lives in our neighborhood). While they played at his house, I was able to get a few chore-like things done and get dinner prepped while keeping Bennett entertained with "painting". Pretty soon, I went and got her and then we came home, had dinner and then it was time to get the kids to bed.

Seems like day after day is like this. One thing after another. Yesterday it was gym, park, pick up, quick nap, Super Franks, Lance met us there and took the kids home so I could get to the moms club meeting on time. Tomorrow it's running errands in the morning, then MOPS, then pick up, then catching up on the chores I haven't done this week. Last weekend was busy with tennis and then yard work, having friends over for dinner, church and then High School Musical on Ice and then movie night with a friend. This weekend starts with Bunko on Friday night, tennis on Saturday morning as well as Thinking Day for Girl Scouts, Morgan having a sleep over at Kaitlyn's house, us having friends over for dinner, church and then me working Bingo. Seems like most weekends this month are like that!

It's funny to think about how I was concerned with what I would fill my days with before I quit working. Somehow, I find a way! Anyone who knows me knows that I thrive on this type of schedule. As much as it may tire me out and as much as it's nice to have a break here and there, I much prefer to keep moving. I feel like I'm really living life and trying to get the most out of it.

No comments: