Monday, March 2, 2009

One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish

Today was Dr. Seuss' birthday and this is a little known national holiday, celebrated far and wide by the Kindergarten set. The fun started when both Morgan and I got to wear our pajamas to school. Yes, I wore tasteful PJ's, although I have to admit it was hard to find some that didn't have a little hole here or there or didn't have a matching tank top that would have been wholly inappropriate, if not just for the company, but also for the weather. But I digress...

There were centers in the classroom today and I was able to get my niece to come babysit Bennett so I could help out in the classroom. What fun! They made red and white striped Dr. Seuss hats (Morgan's favorite), they made their own animal creations out of playdough at my station to go into Mr. McGrew's Zoo (If I Ran the Zoo), they counted fish and graphed them, they cut out and colored one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish, and several other centers. Upon my recommendation (since this is the single most memorable kindergarten moment from my childhood), we even made green eggs and ham for them. They loved it!

No comments: