Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Dinner time fun

Tonight we were having a baked ham for dinner. Apparently, baked ham reminds Bennett of Grandpa. Don't ask. So, he starts in on "Memaw and Pepaw" and then he busts out with "come for my birthday!". I tell him "That's right, they are coming for your birthday!" and then he wants to know if Uncle Brett and "Mimles" are coming. I tell him that they are not coming for his birthday, but they are going to come this summer. This leads to a full on conversation about where everyone would sleep if my parents and my brother and his family were staying at our house.

Bennett says that Grandpa could sleep in his bed. Everyone else laughs. We tell him that Grandpa is too big to fit in his bed. But Grandma could, right? Riiiiiggghhht!! ;-)

We all laugh because the big joke in my family is how short my mom is. But then Morgan asks where Grandma and Grandpa would sleep for real. I said that we could give them our bed and we'd take her bed and she could sleep on an air mattress or the couch or something. She wanted to know if there was enough room in our bed for Grandma and Grandpa. To which I replied yes until I realized that she was talking about enough room IN ADDITION TO LANCE AND I. Lance and I realized this at the exact same moment, and what I would give to have captured his expression on camera. Oh my! I busted out into laughter and asked him if he could imagine that. To which he replied. NO!!! And I don't want to!!!

No comments: