Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Little memories

As the kids get older and older, little things tend to fade away. Like the way that Morgan used to wake up in the morning, practically jumping up and down in her crib. Or the way Bennett used to snuggle into my chest when it's time to read a story. Sure, they still do variations of these types of things now, but they are older and it's different.

With Bennett, one of my favorite times with him has always been that time right before he goes down for his afternoon nap. It's like he knows that if he can be cute and sweet and loving, that I might just hold on to him forever and never put him down. Some days, it's really hard to put him in that crib and walk out!

For posterity's sake, I recorded today's pre-naptime love fest. In a few years, I am sure I will look back on this and sob my eyes out! For now, I will cherish each afternoon for this very reason.


1 comment:

Melissa said...

so sweet. is is necessary for you to make me cry in the afternoon?