Saturday, January 17, 2009

My thoughtful daughter

Morgan's friend, Colin, from her classroom is moving to southern California. Yesterday was his last day. On the way home from school, Morgan was a little upset about him leaving, so we started talking about the new girl who starts on Tuesday. My friend Kristin is the other room parent and had emailed the new family to see about getting together this weekend, but hadn't heard back. Morgan was looking forward to meeting her, so I had to tell her that we probably wouldn't get to meet her until she starts school on Tuesday. Morgan decided that she wanted to make a card for the new girl. We talked about what she would like to say in the card - something to welcome the new girl and to let her know that she would be her friend.

Well, this morning, right away, Morgan wanted to make the card. She asked me to write out "Welcome Katie" on a post-it note and then took off with her construction paper and markers. This is what she came up with. I'm so proud of my girl! :)

No comments: