Saturday, January 31, 2009

A little one on one time

This afternoon, Lance took Bennett out geocaching while Morgan and I hung out at home doing some stuff, just the two of us. We got half of her Valentine's cards made and addressed. In keeping with the theme of trying to be hands off, I am letting Morgan do her own cards. Even if it kills me! Here's how one of them turned out. Not too bad. She really did try her best to cut the straight lines and to leave a little of the white outside the black line. After constantly reminding her how long this particular friend's name is, she was able to fit it all on one line. She cut out the red heart and glued it on and then she addressed the envelope and put the card in it. 10 down, 10 to go.

After we got the work done, we spent some time having fun! We got started on a 300 piece puzzle that my parents gave her for Christmas. I guess I didn't really think about how intricate a 300 piece puzzle might be for a 5 year old, but she did a great job. Once again, I am super proud of her patience and the strategy that she used to go about putting the puzzle together. As all puzzle doers know, you start out by sorting the edge pieces from the rest, put the frame together and then attack what you know, one thing at a time. After filling out the frame, I worked on the monkey and giraffe while she did the elephant and tiger. We worked on the lion and zebra together. A good way to spent time together! Here she is, with her puzzle after we finished it up tonight. Great job, Morgan!

No comments: