Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My father would have a heart attack

Actual conversation as we were returning from delivering a meal to a friend of mine who is 34 weeks pregnant and on bed rest.

Morgan: How do you know you are pregnant?
Me (grinning): Well, if your belly gets really big and then a baby comes out, you are pregnant.
Me: Nah. Really though, they have tests that you can take to determine if you are pregnant or not.
Morgan: Oh. So do you take one every day?
Me (laughing): No, no. I don't take one every day. Daddy and I aren't trying to have a baby right now, so I don't need to take one every day.
Morgan: Oh. Well, I think that when I am not there anymore and it's just Bennett, you and Daddy might think about having another baby.
Me: What do you mean, when you are older?
Morgan: Like when I move out.
Me: Oh, well when you are old enough to move out, Bennett will be older too, and so will I. I won't be wanting to have a baby then.
Morgan: You quit wanting babies when you get older?
Me: Sort of. Mostly, as you get older, it gets harder to have babies. Older people can't even get pregnant. Like Grandma, she can't have babies anymore.
Morgan: I bet Grandma would like to have more babies.
Me: I don't know about that. But even if she did, she couldn't have them.

Then Bennett pipes in: Memaw have baby!
Me: Bennett, no Grandma can't have a baby.
Bennett: Memaw have baby! Memaw have baby!

Over and over. All the way home.

3 comments:

melissa said...

LMAO!

Melissa said...

ditto!

Anonymous said...

I guess you need to let her see the bull and the cow get "married".