Friday, January 9, 2009

Girls gone wild!

Last night, my friend Kristin asked me if we were going to go to Bingo for Books at the school tonight. I guess it's the kick off to next week's read-a-thon. I had missed the information that came home about it, with everything else going on, but she told me it was free and it sounded like something Morgan would enjoy. I asked Morgan this morning if she'd like to go and she told me that she was a little nervous because she didn't know how to play Bingo exactly. She used those exact words. That girl of mine! I told her that it wouldn't be a problem since I would be there with her and told her that I thought it would be something fun for us to do together, without Bennett and with her friend, Kaitlyn. At this point, she declared it a "Girls Night Out" and was really looking forward to it. Woohoo!

It was so much fun! Morgan loved Bingo and caught on right away. It was really great for number recognition, too, so also educational. Kristin and Kaitlyn ended up getting FOUR Bingos and we got none, but they gave us two of their Bingos, so we could pick out books. Morgan picked out a Robin Hood book for herself and a Dumpy the truck book for Bennett (how sweet!). Once we had the books, we decided to move the party to Peet's for some hot chocolate for the wee ones and coffee for the adults. I was able to use a gift card I had for Peet's so we didn't even have to spend any money there. We chatted and sipped and had a good time. And I'm not at all embarrassed about it being with five year olds!

For free!

Viva La Girls Night Out!

Viva La Budget!

Another very cute and sweet moment was when Kaitlyn gave Morgan a thank you note for the gift Morgan gave her for Christmas. She hand wrote the card and told Morgan that she did it herself. Morgan told her she loved it and they hugged. Then Morgan told her she did a great job and Kaitlyn said thanks. It was so cute watching the two of them. So cute!

No comments: