Saturday, April 11, 2009

Busy bees!

Today was a full but fun day! It started with my mom and I going to the gym and then Lance and my dad taking Morgan to Lowe's to build bird houses with their Build and Grow program. They all had a great time and while they were gone, my mom and I got ready to take Morgan shopping when she got back. I figured she was old enough to hang with us on a girls outing to lunch and shop!

We let her pick the lunching destination (Chili's, of course) and then after, we headed to Kohl's because I had gotten a 20% off coupon in the mail. Plus they had Early Bird specials that ended at 1. Here's what we learned.

1. While Morgan may be big enough for a casual shopping trip, she is not old enough to hang with the "oh my gosh, the sale ends in 20 minutes and we need her to try on all these clothes" mentality.
2. My mom and I make a great team when it comes to undressing and dressing Morgan in upwards of a dozen outfits in record time!
3. All the shirts they make these days are too tight.
4. It was completely worth it to rush through the shopping to get the 20% off!!

After shopping, we came home and I collapsed and then later, got ready for my second date with my hubby in as many days. We were going to go play bocce ball, but after last night's dinner and movie (expensive sushi & Sunshine Cleaners), we opted for something less expensive. Dinner at Tomatinos and another movie (Knowing)! Given the heavy topic last night, we kept it light and only discussed things like religion. ;-) But it was great to be able to have an uninterrupted, meaningful conversation with my husband. It was also quite ironic that we went and saw Knowing right after our conversation, because it was similar in topic.

It seems like I say it all the time and never do anything about it, but we really need to start doing regular date nights. I miss them!!

No comments: