Friday, April 17, 2009

Preparing for the weekend

The weather is due to turn really nice and warm for the weekend and I decided to take the day to prepare for the weekend. Tomorrow is Melissa's baby shower and I know I'll want to come home and hang out in the back yard with the family afterwards. So, I spent all morning mowing the lawn, pulling weeds, teaching Morgan how to pick up dog poop (which is, unbelievably, a really fun thing for her to do -- she was begging me to do it, so don't go calling CPS), and washing down EVERYTHING. All the cushions got cleaned, the patio furniture, heck, even the kids got a good hose down. :) It was very cute, Bennett kept laughing and running towards me saying, "don't get me wet!!" LOL

I cleared off the deck from all the residual crap my husband has been collecting and organized and set out toys for the kids to play with outside. I hauled the old grill out to be thrown out and cleaned all around the new one. The water fountain is flowing, the sun is shining. Summer is on it's way!

After all this work, didn't end up getting the kids down for their naps until 4pm!! Whoops! We didn't eat lunch until 3 though! Guess that's what happens when you are having fun, huh?

Tonight, I took my stuff over to Melissa's mom's house for the baby shower tomorrow. Need to get a good night sleep because I'm really looking forward to tomorrow!

No comments: