Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!





It's not very often that I'm able to enjoy a holiday at my house with my family. However, we were smart to have Bennett in April since his birthday is usually close to Easter (he was actually born on Easter the year he was born). That makes it a little more compelling for my east coast family to venture out this way on a holiday that they would traditionally be at their house. So, it was extra nice this morning to wake up with the kids and my parents and watch them discover the fun stuff the Easter Bunny had left for them as well as watching them hunt eggs. I think the Easter Bunny needs to find some new spots or get a little more creative next year because it went by far too quickly this year!


After all the morning fun, it was time to get ready for church. We had such a full load, that we ended up having to go to church in the minivan that my parents rented. The message was interesting, and also ironic since it also tapped into a lot of what Lance and I were discussing at dinner last night. Funny how God works, huh?

I heated a spiral cut ham, made homemade mashed potatoes, and asparagus for our dinner. Lance had even baked some really yummy walnut cranberry chocolate chip cookies yesterday that we were able to enjoy for dessert. It was a lovely meal, so nice to be with the ones you love on a day such as this.

1 comment:

meemaw said...

It was a great treat to watch the kids on Easter morning, worship with all of us and enjoy a wonderful meal! Thanks!!!!