Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Yoga kids

I'm not sure what it is about doing yoga in front of your kids, but mine always want to join in, climb under or on and really just think it's the best! I'll never forget the first time Morgan asked for her own mat to do it along side me. So cute!

This afternoon, while Morgan was at ballet, I figured I would get some exercise in since it was too cold out to walk this morning and Bennett had a runny nose so I couldn't take him to the gym. I pulled out my old favorite yoga video, my mat and came downstairs so I could watch him playing while I did my yoga. He was immediately entranced by the video! He sat on the couch and watched me do it for probably ten minutes before he got up, walked over and started bending over like I was. I asked him if he wanted to try it and he said he did. So, I helped him learn a few poses. He was so proud of himself that when we went to pick Morgan up from ballet, he excitedly told her the he did "down dog with Momma!!" Morgan was sad that we did it without her. Not sure what's up with my kids and yoga. Morgan LOVES doing it on the Wii Fit. Maybe I should look into a yoga video for the under 8 age group.

I do love that I am setting a good example for them, though. They see me taking care of myself and exercising and hopefully it will instill that in them as well.

No comments: