Monday, April 27, 2009

Unwinding the whirlwind

The past, ohhh, say MONTH has been just non-stop. Between Easter parties, Bennett's birthday, my folks coming out to visit, Easter, spring break, Melissa's shower, and Camporee, there has not been a ton of time to get my life and my house back in order. In an effort to regain order and tidiness in my house, I spent the better part of today getting stuff done.

I started the day off like I like to, at the gym. After that, I came home and played with Bennett for a little bit and then got started unpacking all the gear that I spent all last week packing up. I cleaned bathrooms, did laundry, cleaned the kids rooms (which had been sorely neglected over the past month), and then I thought it was time for a nap. After all, I spent the entire weekend sleeping in a tent in below 30 degree temperatures.

After my nap, I did all the dusting and vacuuming and before I knew it, it was time to make dinner. I decided to make up a new recipe, because apparently I didn't have enough going on. LOL Besides my goat cheese chicken pasta dish, this is really the first recipe I've made up on my own. Honestly, I'm always looking for a new way to make salmon because we eat it about once a week, so I wanted to come up with something new and different. So, I put together the salmon I had thawed with some bread crumbs, basil, Parmesan cheese, and tomatoes to make this dish, which I guess I'll call Tomato Basil Salmon. I paired it with brown rice and green beans and it was a hit with everyone in the house! Love that!


It was super easy to make.

Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray and place a salmon fillet on it. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Combine 1/4 c. Italian seasoned breadcrumbs with 1/4 c. shredded Parmesan cheese and sprinkle half to three fourths of it over the salmon. Take fresh basil leaves and place them over the salmon so that they mostly cover. Thinly slice a tomato and place the tomatoes over the basil. Sprinkle remaining breadcrumb/parm mixture over the tomatoes and then drizzle about 2 TBSP fat free balsamic vinaigrette over salmon. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes and then broil for 2-3 minutes.

No comments: