Monday, April 13, 2009

Ushering in Spring Break

Today was not only the last day of my parents' visit with us, but also happened to be the first day of Spring Break. Wanting to take full advantage, I planned a trip to the Lindsay Wildlife Museum this morning.

Before leaving for the museum, my mom and I hit the gym for a little exercise. Not really knowing what to do, we happened into a Step class. Now, Step is not normally my thing, but my mom seemed interested, so we gave it a shot. Except this was no normal step class where you are just up and down on the same step. Noooooo. This was what they call "Four Step". Basically, you do all the movements between four different steps. The instructor calls out which step to go to along with the movement. Not having taken a Step class before, there was a little bit of a learning curve to figure out what a basic right or shooter was, but I figured it out. Not only was this a good physical workout, but it was a good mental workout also. My mom and I both really enjoyed the class! After getting showers and heading home, we picked up my dad and we all headed to Walnut Creek to the wildlife museum.


The museum is pretty small, so we were able to see it all in just a couple of hours. The kids really enjoyed seeing all the birds and snakes, lizards and turtles. The highlights included watching the bobcat get fed and petting the bunny. But the big fun came after we left and went to JACK IN THE BOX for lunch. Because I've apparently never taken my kids there and that is equivalent to some sort of child deprivation. Morgan kept talking about how great it was to be eating there. LOL

After naps, the weather was nice enough to get the kids out to expend some energy before requesting that they sit nicely at a restaurant for dinner. So, my mom and I took them to a nearby park and they had fun. After, they were actually fairly good at dinner. Nice way to start off Spring break!

No comments: