Monday, April 6, 2009

A normal day

Because the next two weeks are going to be insane, I decided to make the most of the day today and try to have a nice, normal day. The weather cooperated, so I strapped Bennett in the jogging stroller and we headed out for a nice long walk. Half way point was a park, so we stopped and he played for a little bit, him insisting on swinging on the BIG SWING, before it was time to head back home.

Having exercised us both, I decided it was both appropriate and prudent to get some chores done, namely cleaning the bathrooms. After all, my parents are going to be here tomorrow! So, I set Bennett up with some toys and slip away for all of five minutes to have my lovely son not only find my cell phone and pick it up, but to actually call me from it. That's right. Imagine you're in the bathroom scrubbing away at the toilet and the phone rings. Hmm. Interesting ring. Never heard it before. Know why? BECAUSE IT'S MY RING. I picked up the phone and looked at the number displayed, correctly identifying it as my cell phone number. I hit the Talk button and said "hello" to have a half-cocked nearly two-year-old respond, "hey!". I came downstairs and he immediately put the phone down like he'd never even touched it. Okay, okay, I'm smarter than that. I pick up ALL ELECTRONICS that he could get into. Remotes. Cell phones. Home phones. Laptops. Nothing would escape my keen eye. I set him up with a TV show and some toys and go to finish the bathrooms. Ten minutes go by and I notice how very quiet it is. Hmmm. I go out into the living room and he's not there watching Thomas. Nope. Hmmm. I look in the playroom and he's sitting there, sucking on a JOLLY RANCHER!! He spit it out faster than the speed of light and again, pretended that I was the dumbest parent on the face of the planet.

Me: Bennett, what do you have?
Him: What?
Me: Do you have candy?
Him: (shaking head no)
Me: Bennett!!
Him: (grape jolly rancher drool dribbling down chin) Nooo!

So much for the clean bathrooms! Oh well, it was time to go get Morgan anyway. Then there was lunch and naps and before we knew it, it was time for Morgan's play date with the neighbor. He came over and all the kids played Wii Fit. It was great! You should see Morgan hula hoop! LOL Bennett tried to hang with the big kids, but nobody would let him on the board. Poor little guy. Good thing Grandma and Grandpa arrive tomorrow to spoil him silly.

Just another day at the homestead. Despite my little stinker, I loved every minute of it!

No comments: