Monday, April 20, 2009

Morning with my Melissas

I've spoken about my two friends, both of whom are named Melissa. One Melissa (MW) I've known for about three years, having really gotten to know her through the moms club when I was pregnant with Bennett. She was on the board for the club at the same time I was and I remember meeting her for the first time at a movie night. The other Melissa (MA) I've known for almost two years, having met her at a new members social, where I shamelessly stole her from another playgroup to include her into Bennett's playgroup. I love them both, so what better way to spend a spring morning, than with the two of them?

I met the first Melissa at the sports park to get some exercise with our little guys in tow. Brandon is about six months younger than Bennett, but they've known each other practically since birth since Melissa and I have done mixed age playgroups and traveling playgroups together with our older children since the little guys were wee ones. Melissa took her oldest, Collin, to Disneyland and also took a getaway trip with her husband over spring break. That meant that she was away from Brandon most of the week and when she told me that she wanted to get some exercise but didn't want to leave him at the gym in the morning, it seemed like the perfect way to catch up with her while we were also able to spend some time with our little guys. I drove to the Sports Park in Pleasanton and we made a couple laps around before it was time for me to go. It was nice to have a change in scenery and to have time to catch up with a great friend!

From the Sports Park, I scooted on over to my other Melissa's house for some adult chatting while we watched Bennett and Clare play in the water. Melissa and I, kicking back on the patio, sipping water and watching them play. I love that I am able to do this. What a charmed life I lead, huh? Here are some cute as ever pictures of Bennett and Clare having fun in the water!

No comments: