Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A fun day for Bennett

Today, in celebration of Bennett's second birthday, I hosted playgroup at our house and provided a smorgasbord of breakfast foods for toddlers and their mothers. I made the Cooking Light cheesy grits casserole (not so light), pancakes and bacon. The bacon was by far the biggest hit! :) Here's a picture of Bennett eating his breakfast (on his "It's My Birthday" special plate no less!) on his birthday.


Bennett pretty much ate the whole time. What else is new. But he did spend a little time playing with his friends. Before long, it was time to open some presents and then have cupcakes. He nearly burned his eyelashes off while blowing out the candles...this boy is going to give me a heart attack!


























After playgroup, I ran over to pick Morgan up from school and then the kids went down for a nap. My dad and I headed out to get Lance's new grill and to Costco for ground beef, since Bennett's request for his birthday dinner was cheeseburgers. Lance's old grill (over ten years old!) had died and unless we wanted pan-fried burgers, this is what needed to happen. My dad helped me negotiate a better deal, and we were home soon with a brand new grill. Burgers were grilled up, fries were baked and then it was time to eat as soon as Lance got home from work. When dinner was over, it was cupcake time again (this time Bennett learned to keep a safe distance between his upper lip and fire) and then present time again.

I'd say we have one very lucky and very happy two year old.

No comments: