Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Two years

You are just two years old. So little, yet so big. You simultaneously desire your independence as well as being coddled. You are my boy.

I never knew how much you would mean to me. I never imagined how close I would feel to you or the intense love I would have for you. I mean, you're a boy. What do I know about boys? But I have come to know you quite a bit over the past two years. Here are the things I know so far.

  • you never quit moving
  • you don't hold a grudge
  • you fall down and then you get right back up
  • you like trucks and planes and boats and vehicles in general
  • EVERYTHING is a ball and should be thrown
  • you can climb like there's no tomorrow
  • you love your momma, even when you are being disciplined
  • you love your momma even more when you think it can get you a few minutes more before bed time :)
  • you adore your big sister
  • you don't need much sleep
  • you are a comedian
  • you are stubborn
  • you have the cutest dimples. ever. and you use them. especially when you think you're getting in trouble
  • you're going to become a great man!
  • you are so very smart
  • you are not shy
  • you are talkative
  • did I mention stubborn?
  • you know how to melt my heart
  • you are just sweet. sticky, gooey, sugary sweet.

When I found out I was having a boy, I didn't know what to do with you. Now, I can't imagine doing without you. You have ingrained yourself as a part of this family, secure in your role and our lives are so much fuller because of it. I love you so much, baby boy. More than I ever knew I would. I had no idea how much I needed a boy.

3 comments:

heather said...

SO sweet.
Says a mama of boys....

Sarah said...

oh Paige- this is soo me- this made me well up- its EXACTLY how I feel about Beau :) i love it!

Melissa said...

precious! just like bennett.